- This event has passed.
January 7 @ 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Once a month, GameWorks Esports Seattle is proud to bring you SmashWorks, our monthly Smash 4 and Melee tournament featuring both singles and doubles brackets!
For the start of this year, we will be holding it on a special pre-Emerald City date of Sunday, January 7, 2018.
– Doors and registration opens at 12:00 PM
– Registration for Smash 4 Doubles closes at 12:45 PM
– Melee Doubles closes at 1:15 PM
– Smash 4 Singles closes at 1:45 PM
– Melee Singles closes at 2:15 PM
Bracket Start Times
– Smash 4 Doubles 1:00 PM
– Melee Doubles: 1:30 PM
– Smash 4 Singles: 2:15 PM – 2:30 PM
– Melee Singles: 2:30 PM – 2:45 PM
Note: Most start times are given a window due to the potential amount of time required to properly skill and regionally seed entrants as well as to account for singles. In addition, brackets may be delayed due to doubles if it is large enough and matches are still ongoing.
Entry Costs per Person:
– Venue: $5
– Singles Bracket: $5
– Doubles Bracket: $5
In order to give out cash prizes for this event, we will be requiring that all entrance fees be paid in cash only.
Prizing is awarded based on the no. of entrants and as a percentage of the total prize pool. The breakdowns are as follows:
– 7 or fewer: 100%
– 8-15 entrants: 70% / 30%
– 16-23 entrants: 60% / 25% / 15%
– 24 or more 50% / 25% / 15% / 10%
– 7 or fewer: 100%
– 8 or more: 70% / 30%
All winners must fill out a prize receipt and W-9. This does requires your social security no. Prizing is awarded as cash.
Format for rounds will be:
Winners Finals, Losers Finals, Grand Finals: Best of 5
Quarterfinals and all prior rounds: Best of 3
Our Smash 4 stream will be available at twitch.tv/gameworksseattle
Players that bring set ups and arrive before the start of singles will have their venue fees waived.
We will only waive venue for set ups that are needed for bracket (i.e. while CRTs and monitors are still available will)
A full setup includes:
– Wii U updated with all legal DLC (Dreamland, Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, Ryu, Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta)
– Nintendo Wii or Gamecube with a copy of Melee (disc or modded is fine)
– CRT TV